August 2026 Reading List
The Hunter, Tana French*
The Shaker's Guide to Good Manners, ed. Flo Morse and Vincent Newton*
Diving Into the Wreck: Poems 1971-1972, Adrienne Rich
Practical Magic, Alice Hoffman
The Witching Year: A Memoir of Earnest Fumbling Through Modern Witchcraft, Diana Helmuth*
Asterisks indicate library books.
My annual reading of Diving Into the Wreck always hits like I hope it will.
Practical Magic the book is just different enough from Practical Magic the movie to feel like I was getting a different story while still enjoying myself.
The Hunter--man, I tore through that. My husband and I have been working through the Cal Turner trilogy this summer and it's been fun! I'm a little sad to see it go.
The Witching Year was indeed very earnest. I enjoyed it! It was sweet. I just like books where people search for things and try stuff out.
I don't know what my projects were this month. I know I sewed some more quilt squares together and I probably tried to knit. According to my Instagram, I did a fair amount of mending. It was hot. I was so hot. Everything is so hot. September probably won't be cooler, but I need to finish some projects to enter for the state fair. We'll see how it goes.

Comments
Post a Comment