July 2026 Reading List
As always, library books are marked with an asterisk.
The Making Of, Brecht Evens. Translated by Laura Watkinson and Michele Hutchinson.*
"A" is for Alibi, Sue Grafton*
Thyme of Death, Susan Wittig Albert*
The Searcher, Tana French*
A Change of Habit: Leaving Behind My Husband, Career, and Everything I Owned to Become a Nun, Sister Monica Clare.*
Awake: A Memoir, Jen Hatmaker*
So! It was apparently a month for memoirs. I tried the first China Bayles novel with Thyme of Death and enjoyed it. I revisited Kinsey Milhone and enjoyed it, but I don't plan to reread the whole series. I picked out The Making Of from a library display of comics/graphic novels that aren't about superheroes and it was...still not for me.
The Searcher was wild. I think I liked it?
I had jury duty this month. I started rereading A. S. Byatt's A Whistling Woman on my lunch breaks. It's banging around in my bag and I don't get a lot of chances to read at work these days. Maybe I can get more read when I rejoin the school pickup line.
Currently reading the third Cal Hooper book (my husband and I are trading it back and forth) after finishing The Hunter this morning. Also a book about Shakers and...another memoir. This time it's about a woman trying Wicca.



Comments
Post a Comment