March 2022

 I feel like I started several knitting projects, but only finished books.




Here's what I read in March.  


An Incomplete Revenge. Jacqueline Winspear

Trunk Music. Michael Connelly

Among the Mad. Jacqueline Winspear

The Dry. Jane Harper


Both of the Maisie Dobbs books by Jacqueline Winspear were fantastic.  The stories are engaging enough, but I just like to see Maisie and the recurring characters grow and change.  

This month's Harry Bosch book was pretty engaging.  It ends with actual happiness?  For now, anyway.


The Dry really grabbed me.  The ending was a little bit of a letdown, but it was a really good story.  I think it just bummed me out.  But the plot was engrossing.  I'm a sucker for any story in the "character returns to his or her hometown and it Has Secrets" genre, but then you add descriptions of the weather?!  Sign me up.  Droughts!  Flashbacks to one's teen years!  Twists!


It was a big month for knitting, but not a big one for finishing.  I finally completed a pair of socks for the gift stash, and a few dishcloths.  

Otherwise, I worked away on other socks and a sweater for myself.  I had every intention of making more hats for charity, but I swear 5 things would pop up in the time it would take me to find both my yarn and needles.  Maybe April will be different.  If it's not, I've got plenty of time before most organizations will accept winter donations.  


And I've certainly got plenty of yarn.


Comments

Popular Posts