February 2022


Poppy Done to Death. Charlaine Harris

Later. Stephen King

The Last Coyote. Michael Connelly

Messenger of Truth. Jacqueline Winspear


Every now and then I want to read a Stephen King story.  I was excited to actually enjoy Later.  It worked pretty well, and the ending felt like an actual ending.  Now I want to read the rest of his novels published with Hard Case Crime.


Poppy Done to Death was pretty unsettling.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  The twists and turns were there, and it's interesting to read about the secondary characters, but I don't know.  Maybe I do know, and I just don't want to say that I didn't like it because of how much I enjoyed the series up to this point.


Messenger of Truth wasn't my favorite Maisie Dobbs novel in terms of plot, but I did like seeing how her character is growing and changing.


I didn't really enjoy The Last Coyote at all.  But then I went out and got the next book in the series almost immediately because I don't want to stop reading the series.  Oh well.


Now, on to the knitting.  I made quite a few dishcloths in February.  Something about playing with the colors for a small project just really grabbed me.









I made some good progress in my stashdown knitting.  I made several hats for giving away and I even completed a couple during a twelve-hour Knit for Food knitathon.  Even with real life interrupting, it was still a pretty full day of knitting and seeing friends over Zoom.  The event raised over $270,000 and my team raised a little over $2,000.  I felt silly asking friends and family to give me money while I sat around and knitted most of a Saturday away, but they did give me money and I'm grateful and glad.

I crocheted a doily.  It felt right at the time.

I crocheted several hearts.  I used most of them on Valentine's Day cards for my husband and daughter, but I also put them on thank-you notes to my knitathon donors.

I don't think I finished a single sock!  


Maybe in March.


Comments

Popular Posts